International Law Firm
B M Musau & Company, Advocates is an international law firm, whose service orientation is of great benefit to the firm’s clients in the commercial and business world.
The firm has an international network of contacts of law firms in major cities of the world including London, Paris, New York, Kampala, Dar es Salaam, Zanzibar and Arusha.
The firm is a member of the Association of European Lawyers, and the Kenya authors of the International Execution Against Judgement Debtors published by Oceana Publications under the Centre for International Legal Studies based in Austria. We also author the Kenya Chapters on Attachment of Assets and Enforcement of Money Judgement published by Juris Publishing Inc.
- Heifer Project International, Devising and Implementing Legal Structure for Dairy Plants and their Holding Companies.
- Adam Smith International Africa Ltd Debt Equity Conversion.
- Kenya Meat Commission Restructuring and Revival.
- Kumon Franchising in Kenya.
- Kenya Meat Commission complex litigation over the National Bank of Kenya “Debenture”
- World Bank, Regulatory Reforms Project, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Trade & Industry (The Working Committee on Regulatory Reforms for Business Activity in Kenya, Guillotine Regulatory Reforms, 2005 and 2008).
- 2013-2014 NEPAD APRM for Kenya.
- Doing Business Reforms Respondents for the World Bank since inception to date.
- Corporate & Commercial
- Complex litigation
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Intellectual property law (trademarks, copyright, patents, etc) and enforcement
- Company Secretarial Services
- Shares Sale Agreements
- Shareholders Agreements including Joint Venture Agreements
- Entry permits and local approvals
- International tax planning
- Capital markets including listing and de-listing of securities
- Taxation, trusts, retirement benefit schemes and provident funds
- Property law including conveyancing, leases and property development
- Tax legal, anti money laundering, counter-terrorist financing and anti-corruption
The leading legal business service provider based in Nairobi, Kenya
B en Musau is a Kenya Advocate and the Managing Partner of B M Musau & Co., Advocates, a position he has held since 1999. He has previously been a partner in Kaplan & Stratton, where he worked since 1988. His work encompasses regulatory reforms, reduction of administrative burdens, the structure of business entities, joint ventures, acquisitions, banking, foreign investment and other general corporate areas.
This involves corporate commercial legal work and complex litigation including alternative dispute resolution and arbitration. He has recently played a key role in the regulatory reforms taking place in Kenya to improve the business environment and operating conditions for business and the private sector in Kenya.
- Anti Money Laundering Legislation and Compliance in Kenya (Publication)
- Article, Advanced Compliance and Technology
- Article, can a web site alone may constitute a permanent establishment
- Article, Comparative Analysis of the Criteria and Progress in the AML Compliance Regimes of the USA and the United Kingdom
- Article, Consequences of a concept of shifting to a residence based taxation for E-Commerce Transactions
- Article, Criteria for the Evaluation of AML Compliance Regimes of Nations and Offshore Financial Centers
- Article, Criteria for the Evaluation of the AML Compliance Regimes in Dubai and the Middle East
- Article, Critique of the article on Compliance and Counter-Terrorist Finance (CTF) in the United Kingdom
- Article, Customer Identification Program
- Article, How e-commerce alters the consumption taxes with respect to the characteristics of a good tax
- Reinsurance Plaza, Taifa Road P.O. Box 16393-00100 GPO-NAIROBI
- +254 20 224 2860 | +254 20 224 3291
+254 724 096098 | +254 786 293134
- +254 20 225 05 61
- KCB Building, P.O. Box 1221-90100,
- +254 44 20 20636
- +254 44 20 20636
- Peter Mulei & Sons Building,
1st Floor, Masii Market
P.O. Box 1221-90100